Saturday, February 15, 2014

Day of love.

This was probably one of the best valentines days ever. Maybe it's because I am married so I spent it with me the love of my life, but I truly had a great day. 
It started out with Matt trying to sneak out of bed in the morning to make me breakfast. Any other day and I probably wouldn't have thought anything of it, but since it was valentines day I knew something was up but didn't want to ruin the surprise. He came back to bed about 20 mins later with heart shaped pancakes, berries, whipped cream, and peanut butter. All my favorite toppings for pancakes. It was so sweet. He had also made a heart shape out of little twix candy bars surrounding one of our favorite movies, pitch perfect, with a jumbo bag of sour gummy worms. Not quite sure why he included the gummy worms cause those really aren't me favorite, but they are his, so he must have thought I wasn't going to do anything for him for valentines day and wanted to get himself a gift. Silly boy. 

My gift to Matthew was something I saw on Pinterest. The one on pintrest definitely looked a lot better as they took great time or spent money for the template and vintage cards but I was a Procrastinator and didn't have time for that fancy stuff. So I took a deck of rook cards and cut out red and white backgrounds to paste on the cards and wrote 52 reasons why I loved Matt. 

That night we had dinner on the heart shaped plates I had got us last year and drank from red goblets. I think it'll be a little tradition for us to use those each year. Then we went to a married stake valentines day dance. It was actually really fun and it was nice to never have to worry about who you were going to dance with during a slow song and awkwardly sit in the corner just hoping someone comes and asks you to dance. Little baby went for quite the ride as this mama was dancing the night away. We came home and watched one of my favorite chick flicks. "How to lose a guy in ten days" On one of the cards I put "I love that you watch girly shows with me" because Matt always becomes addicted to the silly shows I watch. So much so that I have to stop watching them by myself so we can watch them together. So he is always up for a chick flick which is pretty nice for me. At the end of the night we both talked about how great of a day this was. I wish valentines day came around a little more often. :) 

No comments: