Saturday, January 10, 2015

Christmas in California part 2

Man, where to start? Christmas was great. I thought I would miss a white Christmas but really, I loved being warm for Christmas! Matts mom got us a beautiful real Christmas tree. I honestly had never seen one that looked so nice. Any real Christmas trees I saw were like giant versions of Charlie Browns Christmas trees, so I didn't know why any one would ever want a real one, but after seeing her's I can see why. Although I still love an artificial one. I never have to go looking for one or figure out how to get rid of it and it's just a one time payment!

So Matts sister, Sara, and her family came to Fresno this year. It was so fun to see them again and I just know Sienna loved seeing her newest cousin Emma. We went to another area of town where everyone has lights and blow up Christmas things set up. They call it candy cane lane, which I think is pretty adorable. And dare I say, candy cane lane was better then Christmas tree lane. I loved being able to walk down the streets, it seemed like more houses decorated, and the houses were closer to the street so you could see all the lights better.

 Candy Cane Lane



Next we went to Sara's husbands house in Bakersfield for Christmas Eve and morning

I LOVE that we are doing Christmas Jammies. I was always so jealous of friends who got to open up one gift Christmas Eve, it being christmas pajamas. So I was very on board with the idea of doing it for the grandkids.

Santa Baby




Something I love about California is fresh fruit grown in your backyards. I told Matt the only way I will move to California is if we have an orange, lemon, and grapefruit tree.


Matt took me for my first in & out burger. Well actually it was my first fast food burger ever! It lived up to it's hype. We went back for round two a few days later.

 Sienna slept in till 11:30 on New Years Eve so she was quite the party animal and stayed up till 11:00

Teaching family and friends how to Tim Tam Slam

Last but not least, we went to the zoo. I love the Fresno Zoo. I can't wait for Sienna to be a little older and actually enjoy seeing all the animals.

And if you made it this far, let me just tell you how maddening our trip home was. Sienna did great on the flight from Fresno, to Denver. I am talking she didn't make a peep! It was wonderful. Next flight, not the case. I think it was because it was so BLASTED hot in the plane and that we sat in the plane for 2 HOURS before we even took off. Here is how it went.
Tarmac>door ajar light on>back to gate>mechanical comes to fix it, 10mins> need to refuel, another 15 mins> tarmac> heavy snowfall warning> back to gate> Moderate snowfall warning>we can leave> need to be de-iced> last in line> wait 30-45 mins> back to tarmac> take off! 
We didn't leave the Denver airport, until AFTER we were suppose to have arrived in Great falls. It was the worst, but I am just grateful we made it home safely.





No comments: