Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spinning Wheel

It's coming to my attention that my brain is like a spinning wheel. I spin and spin on mistakes that I make in a day. It seems harmless to think about your mistakes and feel bad about them, but it can take it's toll and really start to affect a person negatively. It's like repentance. Once you actually repent you feel so much better and while you may still think of the event it serves as a building piece in the giant puzzle called life. We can learn from our mistakes, but it's important to not make them the focus of our lives. In the words of Macbeth, "What's done is done." There's no changing the past so forget about it and move on with your life. I think that has been the most meaningful lesson I've learned lately. I'll save myself a lot of pain if I just look at it as, I'm human, I will make mistakes, I will learn from them, and I will move on.

2 comments:

Taylor Family said...

My brain is the same. Maybe it's genetic! Thankfully I have a husband to get my mind off trivial mistakes :)

Karli said...

I appreciate this alot today.