Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pumpkin and sick days.

October and November are notorious for all things pumpkin.
I have about a million pumpkin recipes on pintrest and I had a big pumpkin puree can in my pantry so I thought I would attempt some of them.
I haven't liked either one of them and I'm so disappointed. Maybe it's because I don't have pumpkin pie spice but I am adding cinnamon. Like it's that different!
Anyway, don't try pumpkin smoothies or pumpkin french toast. Not worth your time. And I still have 3/4 of a can of pumpkin puree left, so I'm going to have to give something else a shot in the next few days.
Next, I've been sick for the last week. Never have I sneezed so many times in my life! I always thought sneezing while you were sick was a myth because that never happened to me. Now I know it's true and it's not pleasant. I've just got your common cold but it's been such a tease. I'll wake up in the morning feeling bad, then feel great in the middle of the day, but by night time I feel bad again. Or yesterday I woke up feeling much better and was excited that my cold was starting to leave. But then this morning I woke up with a sore throat again, achy body and chills. No fear though, I've got an amazing boyfriend that takes care of me. On saturday he made me home made chicken soup with rice. It was delicious and just what I needed. Then today I was complaining about being more sick and he said he'd make me dinner tonight and we decided on soup again, just not home made. My room mate was talking to a friend at the door and when she opened the door to let her friend out she was like "Chanel, you have the cutest boyfriend in the whole world. Did he just watch the vow or something?" So I walk to the door and this is what I find! (The picture was an after thought that's why it's on my kitchen table)
Yup, what a little sweetheart. 

No comments: