Sunday, September 27, 2009

Return to virginia.

This last week I had the privilege of returning to virginia. Having lived there for a few months last year I grew to love this place and it'll always hold a special place in my heart. The area is absolutely beautiful. Especially during the fall. The weather stays fairly warm giving the leaves a chance to turn colors and you get to really experience fall. Unlike in canada where it starts but usually a snowfall comes sometime in september and kills everything before you even get a chance to enjoy the beauty of the fall leaves. I didn't do a lot while I was there but that wasn't the plan so much. I went to just enjoy being with family since I didn't get a chance while my sister and her kids were up here for the summer. Kids grow up way to fast and I'm going to be missing enough of their life as it is so I tried to utilize my time there and enjoy being with them. But they can sure wear you out. I also got a chance to see old friends. People I met while working at greenberry's and Panera bread, and also members of the single ward. On the day I was flying out I made it a point to go to the Washington DC temple. I never did in the 4 months I had lived there before and didn't know if I'd ever get a chance to again. It is a beautiful temple surrounded by a small forest shielded away from the world. Which I think is perfect. I thnk of the Scripture in D&C 109:22 " We ask thee Holy Father that thy servants may go forth from this house armed with thy power...and thine angles have charge over them"
Sadly I didn't get very many pictures while I was there. My motto is usually every moment is a picture moment but I neglected to capitalize on that motto. So here are a few from playing in the leaves, the temple, and my beautiful nieces and handsome nephew.

No comments: