Sunday, September 27, 2009

stupendous sister

I don't really like writing super long posts because they get boring to read so I'm separating them all so you can read one of them a day since I'm not an avid blogger or you can read them all at once. As I said in the post before, I went to virginia to spend time with my family. So this one is a tribute to my fabulous sister.
Being 10 years my senior I've never really gotten to know my sister Adria. Which is a shame because she was so excited to have me as a sister after 3 brothers in a row. But 10 years is a big difference, one that isn't easily gapped just because you are both girls. By the time I would actually be able to talk to her as an older sister and ask her for assistance on my hair or make up, to coach me through my first school dance and crush, and catty girl problems she would be in school and in a totally different stage of her life. Long story short I never really got to know the amazing sister I had. Until this last year.
Living with Adria last year was fabulous. She is so wise and always gave me amazing advice. Especially when it came to the gospel. She has such a great knowledge and love for it. She is honestly the best wife and mother in the world. Mark and her kids are so blessed to have her. She gives of her self and time day after day. Half the time she doesn't receive thanks from those she helps. But she never complains, which is amazing, because I can assure you that if I wasn't getting the thanks I deserved I'd be a lot less happy to serve. She doesn't just serve her family though she is constantly serving those around her. She always watches the other kids in the neighborhood and lets them come and destroy her house giving the other moms a break. She serves in her calling by making it to every YW's activity even if it means dragging her 3 kids along for the ride. She is such an amazing example on how to run a household. I learned a great deal about raising kids and having a successful marriage from being in her home.
She is also the craftiest person. I asked her to help make me some bows and I realized how talentless I am when it comes to craft's. Mine somehow always ended up crooked and uneven, where the ones she made came out perfect. She's a real do it her-selfer. She doesn't go and buy her little girls bows, but makes them all for a lot less and a lot cuter. and she makes more then one and often gives them away to others. She also makes the cutest little baby blankets. All of these things she just taught herself. Like seriously do you get much more talented?
Okay I know I said I hated Long posts and this is getting up there in the long category. Namely my sister is amazing and so caring and loving. She is always happy and always willing to serve. She never speaks unkindly of anyone and people cannot help but like her because of how big of a sweetheart she is. Thanks for letting me be a part of your family for 4 amazing months and allowing me to intrude again for a week!

1 comment:

Taylor Family said...

I'm crying right now. That post meant the world to me. I sure love you Chan!