Friday, May 27, 2011

Terrible but awesome


I don't have to much to blog about. I'm just not impressed with my lack of blogging lately.
This week has been terrible and awesome.
Terrible because it's rained for 4 days straight.
Terrible because it has rained so much there hasn't been anything to do at the pool and we've delayed opening until next week.
Terrible because I can't play golf or tennis
Terrible because I never feel like getting ready.
Terrible because it's freezing cold in the motor home now.
Terrible because I get the dumb black 14 (worth 100 points) in canadian salad every time.

I don't have to many awesomes that are out of the ordinary.
Awesome because the girls cannot lose at rook.
Awesome because I beat my usual solitaire score of 4000 and got 6700
Awesome because I got to talk to my sister.
Awesome because I got a new spring nail polish color.
Awesome because I got to go Waterton and hang out with my Bestie, Kimber
Awesome because before the rain, I got in a good run.

You want to know why else its been awesome? Because I have not lost my home or a loved one to a tornado. Whenever I watch the news and hear about more and more tornadoes and other natural disasters that are wiping out towns and destroying lives I am increasingly thankful for the life I live. So what if it's been raining for 4 days straight? At least I have a home to keep me safe and warm and a good family to spend time with. I have a job, despite how boring it can be, that pays me well and helps me prepare for my future. I have the gospel and know that families can be together forever. So even if a disaster was to strike I'd take comfort in that fact.
Yup life is awesome.

3 comments:

Taylor Family said...

spring rain can really get you down when it just keeps pouring for days on end. You can add "at least you don't have to entertain four children inside all day" to your lists of awesomes during the rainy season :)

Madison Beazer said...

Love your picture and this post. I can't wait for you to come next week! :)

Karli said...

Canadian Salad? What is that?