Monday, March 7, 2011

De-junkify.

Before I start this post can I just say that the previous post was my 200th post? I can't believe it. I feel like an accomplished blogger. Anyway now on to what this post is really about.

I've been having some technical difficulties the last few days.
1. My iPod wasn't playing any sound, this problem defeats the purpose of an iPod.
2. My microsoft programs aren't running right. ( I open them and they shut down after a couple of minutes. Really inconvenient)

Solutions
1. I plugged it into my comp and then ejected it hoping that would fix the problem. It didn't. So i plugged it back in and the usual message popped up saying there were new software downloads available for my iPod so I thought, why not perhaps thats the problem. Before I started it said it would back up applications and other stuff. I assumed that meant it would save all my music. It didn't. I was really sad when I realized I had to re-upload all my music, bug bradaen hamilton to re-send me some music I got from him, and re-make my themed play lists that had songs pertaining to certain stages in my life. It was like a part of me had been ripped to pieces and I had to glue it back together.
2. With problem 2 it's still unsolved, but originally I thought "Perhaps I just have to much stuff on my computer. I should delete old assignments from last semester, pictures that I don't need or like and music I have never listened to." Like I said the problem is still unsolved but my computer is a little cleaner.

If any of you are still reading you may be thinking what's the point of these two dumb stories. Well this is what I've come up with. Sometimes we just need to de-junk our life. While I was super bummed all my music was gone a small part of me was happy. There isn't any music I don't like on there or have never listened to cause so far I've only put my favorite stuff back on. Therefore I love every song and never have to press the next button. I deleted a bunch of assignments that weren't really doing any good on my computer, just taking up space. They were useless to me. Same with pictures. Some were unfocused, unflattering, or of nothing. They had no purpose. It makes me think of what I fill my life up with. What is cluttering up my life and taking up important space that sometimes causes me to not function 100%? Sometimes I become so focused on all my clutter I don't see the things that are in front of my face. Does that ever happen to you, you are looking for say your debit card on your dresser that is filled with papers, books, maybe make up and jewellery and your card is sitting neatly on top of it all but you continue to search frantically unable to see what you are looking for, just everything else that is in the way. This happens to me on a daily basis. And I see it happening in my life. I'm focused on certain goals, I know what I'm looking for, or what I want. But there is tons of clutter in the way, obstructing my view and reach. I think it's time to de-junkify my life. I would like to reach a few goals while I'm still young :)

1 comment:

Taylor Family said...

I think I'm the world's best dejunker. Probably to a fault. I love purging my house of stuff I don't need.