Thursday, January 20, 2011

pause

So I'm hitting pause on my day challenge. Who knows later tonight I might do the actually post but for now I have a few things to share.
First off. I love my room mates. They are always good for a some talking, laughing, dancing, and eating food. The other day we went to g's dairy and got their special. A home made grilled cheese sandwich (with cheese they make themselves) and a single scoop of ice cream for $3. That's music to a college students ear
Then 2nd my fabulous mother has ordered like 13 doris day shows all coming to my humble abode. I can't wait to watch all of them. The first one came the other day and it's so fitting for madison and I. It was called the pajama game and madison and I love wearing pajamas's.
.
Okay last on the list is something to rant about. Number one thing I get tired of is when people pretend like they know me. Does this happen to anyone else? I can't imagine I'm the only one plagued with this problem. It drives me crazy. A little back up details, bear with me.
I went on a date with a guy last weekend. (name withheld to protect privacy) Nice guy, i first met him in the food court. We shared a table. I wasn't to into talking because I had to finish an assignment before my class in half hour, but we agreed to go on a date. It was a good time so I agreed to go on a second date cause I thought, what the heck it was fun, he's good looking, one more won't hurt.
On wednesday I was in the library, trying to fill out a study guide that I had to have filled out before I could go talk to my professor about the questions. So I was a little stressed, again not having much time. But he came over and I wanted to talk and look at my music and show me some of his. So finally I was like hey sorry I really just gotta get this finished for my class so I can't talk. But then another friend came in so then I started talking to him for awhile. After I finally leave I get a text from him saying he thinks we should reschedule the date cause he's busy. I see thru the facade and ask if I offended him. He calls me that night and the conversation goes something like this. (i'm probably as confused as he is now)
boy: Hey I guess I was offended today. I just got mixed signals from you
me: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you I was just stressed and so I couldn't really talk. I didn't mean to be rude.
Boy: I'm just confused because you talked to other people.
Me: well they are my friends to...
Boy: I don't know I'm just confused and don't understand you.
Me (trying to bring some humor): well I am a girl, what do you expect?... he does not think that line is very funny... So then I say "well in all honesty I would go on another date with you but I'm just still up for dating other people"
boy: Yah i realized that, I think you and I have different goals in life right now. The girl I saw in the library was a lot different from the girl I took on a date and talked to in the food court.
Me: Really, how so? And speak your mind I won't be offended I'm just interested to know how i was different.
Boy: I don't know I'm just confused.
Me: Uhmm well okay then..I guess I'll see you around?
Boy: Yah bye.

So now I'm confused. Not only confused but annoyed. Apparently I missed the part on our date where I told him all my life goals and everything about me, like what I like and dislike, my favorite color, What kind of laundry detergent I use and all that good stuff. I kind of don't think he knew what he was talking about. Since he completely avoided my question about how I was different. All I know is I don't like it was people make assumptions about me and after spending a total of 2 hours with me they can tell if I want the same things as they do. Okay that's my rant. I know that sometimes I make judgments about people. I'm not perfect on this subject ether. . So I know perhaps I'm being childish and dumb. But I can't help but be bothered.
The end.

No comments: