Thursday, April 26, 2012

A TO Z. Tick Tock

Timing.
Everything happens in due time.
Timing is everything.
One cannot control time.

I often wish I could press a fast forward or rewind button.
Fast forward so I could see my life in 5 years and know that I am happy and that I've gotten to places I want to be. It would make waiting for that time so much easier.
I'd like a rewind button so that I could go back in time and redo a few things.
But then again not.
I think if I would've chosen different courses what other things I would be missing out on.
I look back at the last 2 years of my life and think about all the people I wouldn't know and all the learning experiences I would've missed out on.
When I do that I'm thankful there isn't a rewind button to tempt me.
I know that with different choices there would be other people and other learning experiences but I could never rewind and record over the people I have in my life now or experiences that have shaped me into the person I am.

Everything happens at the right time.
We can wish for time to speed up but if it did would we be ready for it when it came?
Every experience I have now is preparing me for an unknown time in my life.
To speed it up would certainly lead to disaster or maybe more hardship.
But right now I'm slowly being prepared.
As much as I hate waiting and being patient, one day I know I'll be thankful.

No comments: